Spring weather may bring a nice reprieve from the winter chill. However, with sunshine comes spring allergies. Here are some tips to keep your house clear of allergens:
- Close the windows in your home and cars – Run the air conditioner instead of unnecessarily exposing yourself to the outdoors.
- Keep your pillows in cases and use mattress protectors to keep out dust mites.
- Regularly wash your clothes and linens in the hottest temperature that your washing machine allows. Always use your dryer – letting your clothes air - dry invites allergens to latch on to them.
- Keep your bathroom as clean as possible. Dirty bathrooms are breeding grounds for various molds and germs.
- Consider replacing your carpet with hardwood floors.
- Store old clothes in the attic so they don’t collect dust mites.
- Talk to your doctor if your allergies persist after using over-the-counter medicines and other preventative measures.
Reactions to allergens include itchy eyes, runny nose, a shortness of breath, fever, fatigue, and other cold-related symptoms.
Keep an eye out for these symptoms and act accordingly if you think allergies are trying to ruin your spring!