LIVESTOCK CARGO INSURANCE
One of the assets of working with a larger firm, such as Mt. Franklin, is access to very specialized types of insurance. In West Texas and Southern New Mexico, including El Paso, Las Cruces, and the many small towns surrounding the area, Livestock is a significant industry. Key transportation services help move horses, cattle, pigs (hogs), and other animals from point to point. Often, working with logistics brokers, livestock farms, truckers, and other stakeholders serve the need of livestock owners.
Transporting livestock requires specialized insurance coverage.Hauling livestock has many risks different from standard cargo and most agents/carriers are not well versed in the nuances of handling this type of cargo.
Proper insurance will ease the pain of having to deal with some of the unfortunate incidences that occur while transporting livestock.
- Livestock transit coverage provides coverage for livestock that die or are crippled in transit.
- Additional coverage is also available for property that livestock haulers may transport including agricultural equipment.
- Expenses can also pile up when removing carcass from the road. This cost can also be included in your policy.
- Coverage for livestock that perish after it is delivered can also be available
- Refusal of shipment coverage is also available if the cargo is not accepted at delivery due to depreciation.
Mt. Franklin Insurance has the experience and professionalism to offer you the livestock transit coverage that you need to protect your cattle during transport. Whether you are local to our area or facing livestock questions throughout the United States, we can help.
We offer a free consultation, insurance review, and options to ensure you have the right coverage in place.